Sold Out! Feliz Navidad!
You’re invited to join us
For a Very Special Mexican Posada Dinner
Thursday, December 6, 2018
Wine tasting at 5:30
Dinner at 6:30
This is a reservation-only, pre-pay event (see form below)
A Posada is a traditional Mexican celebration, usually taking place over 9 days. Part of this celebration involves special holiday dishes and drinks, visiting with friends and family and carrying candles while caroling from one home to another.
We’ll begin our evening with a wine tasting from Sobon Estate Family Winery from 5:30-6:30. Taste these wines as you mingle and learn about Sobon.
- 2017 Chardonnay
- 2016 Rocky Top Zinfandel
- 2017 Barbera
- 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon
At 6:30, we’ll be seated for a traditional Posada dinner:
- Tostada Tinga – Tender shredded Chicken in a Chipotle Adobo sauce over crispy tostada rounds
- Pork Tamale – shredded seasoned pork in traditional masa tamale served with Atolé – a Posada drink made from masa, cinnamon and piloncillo.
- Pozole Rojo -a hearty stew made with tender pork, dried chiles, hominy and a delicious broth
- Buñelos – a crispy fritter with cinnamon sugar and raisins, served with arroz con leche
- Traditional Ponche – Hot Fruit Tequila Punch
We’ll also have the wonderful Sobon wine available by the glass for purchase during dinner
Want full bottles for friends and family during the holidays? We’ll offer those as well.
After Dinner, the lovely Dinorah will lead us in singing Carols in Spanish (Don’t worry, we’ll bring you the lyrics!) as we carry the traditional lit candles and go caroling through the Milagro Centre.
All for only $35 for Hambre Club Members (it’s FREE to join!) and $45 for general public.
Reservations are required to reserve your seat.
Vegan option will be available.